13th International Meeting on Thermodiffusion
Imperial College London, UK, 11-14 September 2018
Welcome to the web portal of the The 13th International Meeting on Thermodiffusion (IMT13) that will take place in London (United Kingdom) from September 11 to September 14, 2018.
Following previous editions, IMT provides a unique opportunity for sharing ideas about theoretical, experimental and numerical research on Diffusion and Thermal Diffusion. The IMT series of meetings, aimed at scientists and technologists, provides a forum for discussions, personal interactions and provides a mechanism for fostering new collaborations.
The sessions will be held at the Royal School of Mines Building of Imperial College London, located in South Kensington with excellent links to the metropolitan public transportation network and within walking distance of a number of London landmarks, such as the Royal Albert Hall, or Hyde Park and several world-class museums, the Science Museum, the Natural History Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum.
The conference will consist of both invited and contributed presentations.
The IMT13 is aimed at discussing the latest results on transport properties in multicomponent fluids: innovative theoretical approaches, new experimental results and techniques as well as state of the art numerical methods. The most fundamental aspect of the conference will be the discussion amongst scientists, the sharing of ideas and creating new and reinforced existing collaborations.
- Theoretical, experimental and numerical methods to investigate thermodiffusion in binary, ternary and multicomponent mixtures
- Non equilibrium thermodynamics of fluids under thermal stress
- Non-equilibrium fluctuations in thermally inhomogeneous fluids
- Macromolecular solutions, airborne particles, colloidal suspensions, and biological fluids: the thermophoresis case
- Thermodiffusion in porous media and enhanced oil recovery
- Soret-driven hydrodynamic instabilities and convective patterns
- Thermodiffusion effects in crystal growth and polymer processing
- Thermodiffusion in microgravity
- Thermodiffusion in biological transport
- Applications of thermal diffusion