Applications should be signed off by your HoD prior to being sent to the JRCO
To apply for ethical approval for your study please complete, sign (signed by the PI and the HoD) and submit a copy of the Imperial College Research Ethics Committee application form below:
- Imperial College Research Ethics Committee application form (word)
The Researcher must also submit the following documents along with the completed and signed application form;
- A copy of the protocol (dated and versioned in footer) ICREC Protocol Template
- A copy of the participant info sheet (dated and versioned in footer) Healthcare PIS Guide and Non-healthcare PIS Guide
- A copy of the informed consent form (dated and versioned in footer) Consent Form Template
- Any other documents deemed relevant to the research, to include; in country ethics approval (if research is being conducted overseas), questionnaires, adverts etc (dated and versioned in footer) and a copy of the Sponsorship and Indemnity form (if the project is healthcare related)
Please submit a hard copy of the Imperial College Research Ethics Committee application form as we need to see the original signature pages. Please also submit an electronic copy of all of the documents in word format.
Please post the hard copy to the following postal address:
Medical School Building
Please submit electronic copies to the Ethics and Research Governance Coordinator see the application process for further details.
If you are using ionising radiation or genetically modified materials then there are also appendices which you may need to complete. If you are unsure whether you need to complete these, please consult the checklist or contact the JRCO Administrator.
Submitting an amendment
This form should be used if you want to change; study design, study team or request a time extension. Once completed, this form should be submitted to the JRCO Administrator.
Your ethical approval is based on the ethics form and supporting documents you originally submitted. If a change is made to your original ethics submission and you do not notify the Committee, then your ethical approval may become invalid.
Annual progress report
This form must be submitted to the JRCO Administrator within 30 days of the anniversary of a project being granted ethical approval. If a study is completed within a year of first obtaining ethical approval, an End of Study Notification must be submitted instead.
This is a condition of receiving ethical approval. If you do not submit an Annual Progress Report, your study will be assumed to be closed, and ethical approval will be stopped.
End of study notification
You must notify the committee when your study has ended; within 90 days of the termination of your study or when the practical research activity ended.
You must also notify the committee within 15 days if you have terminated the study early. Once completed, this form should be submitted to the JRCO Administrator.