ISSF Springboard Fellowships
ISSF Springboard Fellowships 2018/2019
Replacing the ISSF Faculty Fellowships, the ISSF Springboard Fellowships provide funding help with the career progression and retention of outstanding early career researchers. Funding in partnership with Departments, these awards are intended as short-term fellowships to enable these researchers to acquire preliminary data and develop the independence required to be competitive for future external fellowship applications.
These fellowships are open to researchers across ALL Faculties in College, to undertake research within the science remit of the Wellcome Trust. Researchers from disciplines outside of biomedicine can apply for funding, provided the project is within this remit.
Multidisciplinary applications are strongly encouraged.
For further information and eligibility, please read the ISSF Springboard Fellowship Guidelines 2018/19 (Imperial login required).
The next call for applications will be February/March 2019.
The Application Deadline is: Wednesday 17 April 2019 (12.00 noon)
Departments are expected to make a 50% contribution to the award. All applications must be discussed with the relevant Departmental Manager prior to submission.
The deadline for departmental signoff is 27 March 2019
ISSF Springboard Fellowships 2018/2019
How to Apply
Applications must comprise of the following:
- A completed ISSF Springboard Fellowships Application Form (October 2018 call).
- Letter of support from the host/supervisor
- Letter of support from the Head of Department/Division.
- Applicants must send costings information (completed on InfoEd) to Martin Waller (email@example.com) in the Joint Research Office.
- InfoEds should not have been formally submitted prior to submitting an application, but must have been agreed in outline by the appropriate department(s)
- An e-mail signifying approval will suffice and must be attached to the InfoEd application.
- A confirmation email from Martin Waller and a copy of your InfoEd recovery page must be included in your application. ‘Recovery’ on InfoEd must have the 50% charge and ‘Institution Contribution’ the other 50%. All costs can be inflated.
Please note: you are required to contact your department to seek departmental approval before 28 September 2018.
How to Submit
- Convert items 1-4 to PDF and combine into a single document in that order.
> Name the file appropriately: Your_Name_ISSFSpringboardFellowship_Application_October_2018
- Submit this by email to ISSF@imperial.ac.uk before 12 noon on 18 October 2018.
|Departmental Deadline||Application Deadline||Decision Expected|
|28 September 2018||18 October 2018 (12.00 noon)||20 November 2018|
|27 March 2019||17 April 2019 (12 noon)||23 May 2019|
|You are required to contact your department to seek departmental approval before 28 September 2018|
Faculty of Engineering
Faculty of Medicine
Department of Medicine: Chrystalla Orphanides (firstname.lastname@example.org)
National Heart and Lung Institute: Alun Owen (email@example.com)
Department of Surgery and Cancer:
Surgery: Tony Tarragona (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cancer/Reproductive and Developmental Biology: Shirley Line (email@example.com)
Integrative Systems Medicine and Digestive Disease: Tammy Barrett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Institute of Clinical Sciences: Peter Norsworthy (email@example.com)
School of Public Health: Lyndsey Pallant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Maths: Svanidze, Rusudan email@example.com
Physics : Hayward, Louise firstname.lastname@example.org
CEP: Lyle, Karen R email@example.com
Chemistry: Kelly, Patrick E firstname.lastname@example.org (maternity cover)
Life Sciences: Bowman, Richard email@example.com
ISSF Springboard Fellowships 2018/2019 Documents
For further information and eligibility, please read the ISSF Springboard Fellowship Guidelines 2018/19. (Imperial login required)