Calls for Proposals
Under the auspices of a £4.7 M investment from EPSRC, Imperial College London, and our industrial partners, the ROAR facility will be fully-funded until the end of 2020, allowing us to reduce the access charges. Access is open to researchers from Imperial College and other UK institutions. All applications to access ROAR under the subsidised route will be subjected to scientific review by our internationally leading Scientific Advisory Group.
Proposals are currently invited for projects which will use the Reaction Kinetics Platforms and Advanced Analytical Suite in the period from April to September of 2019. ROAR has other capability areas which will become available in future calls.
It is highly recommended that applicants discuss their project requirements with ROAR staff prior to submitting an application. This will help to ensure that the project is technically feasible, and within the limitations of our equipment.
There will be a webinar at 14:00 on Monday the 18th of February where potential applicants can ask us questions about the ROAR Access Application process. If you would like to attend the webinar you must sign up for it in advance to receive an invitation.
To be eligible for subsidised access to ROAR a project must meet the following criteria:
- The project must fall under the remit of the Dial-a-Molecule Grand Challenge Network
- The project must be able to comply with all research data collected in ROAR being automatically deposited in an open access repository following an agreed embargo period (typically 12 months)
How to Apply
The research proposal is expected to be 2 sides of A4, but can be up to 3 sides if necessary. To ensure legibility, please do not use font size smaller than 11 (minimum). It should include the following:
- Sufficient background to set the research in context, and any preliminary results or method development.
- A description of the experiments which are proposed, including the techniques required, proposed measurement strategy, and any particular requirements of the experiments (e.g. temperature, pressure, moisture/air sensitivity).
- Expected results and their significance in the respective field of research
The deadline for submitting proposals in this round is 23:59 GMT on Friday the 8th of March 2019.
A limited portion of facility time is available for commercially-sensitive projects with tight project timelines. There are additional charges for priority access to the facility. Please email ROAR@imperial.ac.uk for further information.