2017 - Present: Postdoctoral research associate, Chemical Engineering Department., Imperial College London, UK.
2015 - 2017: Postdoctoral research associate, Princeton University, USA
2014: PhD, Mechanical Engineering - microfluidics, EPFL, Switzerland
2010: M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, EPFL, Switzerland
2008: B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering (Fluid mechanics and heat transfer); University of Tehran, Iran
My research is in microfluidics and complex fluids, currently focussing on the microSTAR project, developing microfluidic approaches to interrogate the stability of complex fluids and devise precise and rapid stability approaches.
- S. Khodaparast, F. Boulogne, C. Poulard, H. A. Stone (2017) Capillary peeling. In preparation.
- O. Atasi, S. Khodaparast, B. Scheid, H. A. Stone (2017) Effect of buoyancy on the motion of long bubbles in horizontal tubes. Under review for publication in Physical Review Fluids.
- S. Khodaparast, F. Boulogne, C. Poulard, H. A. Stone (2017) Protocol to perform pressurized blister tests on thin elastic films. Accepted for publication in European Physical Journal E.
- Y. Yu, S. Khodaparast, H. A. Stone (2017) Armoring confined bubbles in the flow of colloidal suspensions. Soft Matter, 10.1103/BAPS.2016.DFD.A21.4.
- S. khodaparast, M. Kim, J. Silpe, H. A. Stone (2017) Bubble-driven detachment of bacteria from small pores. Environmental Science and Technology, 10.1021/acs.est.6b04369.
- S. Khodaparast, M. Magnini, N. Borhani, J. R. Thome (2015) Dynamics of isolated confined air bubbles in liquid flows through circular microchannels: an experimental and numerical study. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 1-26.
- S. Khodaparast, N. Borhani, J. R. Thome (2014) Application of micro particle shadow velocimetry μPSV to two-phase flows in microchannels. International Journal of Multiphase Flow 62, 123-133.
- S. Khodaparast, N. Borhani, J. R. Thome (2014) Sudden expansions in circular microchannels: flow dynamics and pressure drop. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics 17 (3), 561-572.
- S. Khodaparast, N. Borhani, J. R. Thome (2014) A micro particle shadow velocimetry (μPSV) technique to measure flows in microchannels. Experiments in fluids 54 (2), 1-13.