Health, Wellbeing and Culture
Staff Survey 2017
The Faculty of Medicine is actively taking steps to improve its working culture, following the results of the 2017 Staff Survey. View the reports for each department below:
"The Faculty of Medicine is wholly committed to providing a positive and supportive working environment enabling its community, staff and students alike, to work productively and cooperatively in order to achieve their aims. It recognises that every member of the Faculty’s diverse community deserves to be fully valued, supported and respected. We all have a shared responsibility towards each other and can do our part in maximising a healthy culture which nurtures and celebrates the unique perspective, talent and contribution of each individual."
PROFESSOR CLARE LLOYD
Vice-Dean (Institutional Affairs), Faculty of Medicine
There are a range of College resources available which provide support, guidance and information for all staff about equality, diversity and disability issues. For ease of access, the Faculty of Medicine has drawn these resources together on this page.
The College's Equality Objectives 2014-2016 (pdf) provide an overarching plan over a two year period, and are published in accordance with Imperial's Public Sector Duty.
Imperial Diversity Pledge
To be successful the College has to attract and retain the best staff and students. Our objective is that all of our staff and students (including women, black and minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and disabled) should be appropriately represented at all levels of the College.
Our Pledge to you, our staff and students, is that we will take all necessary steps to bring this about by:
- Identifying and addressing any barriers faced in education, career opportunities, personal development and promotion
- Creating a culture where all staff and students feel valued and respected and in which those with family and caring responsibilities enjoy full equality of opportunity
- Monitoring our progress toward the achievement of our Pledge and publishing the results
Imperial's commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion
- Imperial signed the Time to Change pledge in 2014 to demonstrate our commitment to ending the discrimination and breaking the silence around mental health issues
- Imperial is a Disability Confident employer
- Imperial is part of Stonewall's Diversity Champions Programme and committed to LGBT equality in the workplace
- Imperial is the first university to work with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people
- Imperial holds an Athena SWAN Silver Award. All departments in the Faculty of Medicine hold Athena SWAN awards. The Athena SWAN Charter was established in 2005 to encourage and recognise commitment to advancing the careers of women in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM) employment in higher education and research
Is an independent counselling service that provide free support and counselling on a range of work and personal issues for all Imperial staff and members of their family living with them.
Call 24/7: 0800 085 4764
General support 2
Looking for more specific support?
More training opportunities
Imperial offers a range of training opportunities throughout the year for College staff, to engage with any issues relating to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion, and to raise awareness and increase understanding among staff so that they can support others in their work.