President's Ambassador scheme
Earn while you learn
Want to earn extra money through a scheme that’s designed to fit flexibly around your studies?
Please note that applications are currently closed for this academic year (2018/19), and will re-open for the next academic year in October 2019.
Become a President's Ambassador to:
- Develop new skills
- Meet new people
- Inspire future Imperial students
You choose which activities you do, and when. Activities to choose from include:
- leading official Imperial College London campus tours
- representing the College at Open Days
- giving student life talks at schools and on-campus
- meeting and greeting delegations of international visitors
- ushering at special Imperial occasions
- blogging about your experiences
- taking over the College's social media channels
- creating vlogs
We will pay you for your time – starting at £10.80/hour (including holiday pay).
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for confident undergraduate and postgraduate students who are enjoying their time at the College.
You can be from any year (including new first-year students) and from any department. You will need to be comfortable sharing your experience with a varied audience, including:
- potential applicants
- high profile visitors to the College
How much time will it involve?
There is no minimum time commitment to be an ambassador.
We send out a weekly email with upcoming opportunities that you can sign up for on a first-come-first-served basis. If you have other commitments that week then you do not need to respond.
We will pay you for any activities that you complete, starting at £10.80/hour (including holiday pay).
Why take part?
Employers are increasingly looking for people with a well-rounded CV who stand out from the crowd.
Being a President's Ambassador is an opportunity to develop the sort of transferable skills that are valued by all kinds of employers, from communication and teamwork to organisation and managing your time.
It demonstrates a social conscience and your personal values towards sharing the benefit of your education and your university, with others.
As well as the chance to develop your skills, you will also:
- Work with students from across the College.
- Receive a President's Ambassador certificate for each year on the scheme.
- Be in the running for competitive awards in recognition of excellent work.
- Gain experiences to add to your Imperial Award portfolio (to build a more insightful CV) and potentially build evidence to help you earn part or all of the Imperial Award.
Will I receive training?
Yes. There will be an ambassador training day on Wednesday 7 November 2018, 14.00–17.00 to prepare you for the role.
This will involve briefing you on what is expecting from a President's Ambassador and training in:
- public speaking
- delivering presentations
- leading informative public tours of our South Kensington Campus
How to apply
Applications to be a President's Ambassador for 2018–19 have now closed.
They will re-open next October for 2019–20.
If you have any questions about the scheme, please email Laura Hulley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 (0)20 7594 1007.