Positions will be advertised on this site and on the College employment pages. Please also see links in the sidebar on the left.
Postdoctoral research associate positions
Postdoctoral researchers can join the Astrophysics Group as either Research Associates or Research Fellows. Queries should be directed to the Group Administration Office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Positions will be advertised on this site (see below) and on the College employment pages. Please also see links in the sidebar on the left.
Should you have any queries about the application process please contact the Astrophysics Group Administration office via email@example.com.
Check back here for current vacancies
We are keen to hear from you if you would like to apply for a fellowship through the Astrophysics Group - please contact us to discuss your application as soon as possible, as the Department holds a selection process for all Fellowship schemes (expect Marie Curie fellowships). Please ensure that you have read the sponsor's information and can meet the eligibility requirements before contacting us.
The deadlines for potential applications to reach us will appear here as each scheme round is announced. Applications received after these dates will not normally be considered. If you are interested in a scheme that doesn't appear in the lists below then please do still contact us to discuss it.
If you are approved to submit a formal application the Department will assist you throughout the application process. We set internal submission deadlines which are substantially earlier than the sponsor deadlines to allow for sufficient preparation and approval time, you will be advised of this and you can also see the deadlines on the application guidance webpage.
We are interested in hearing from you if you want to apply through us - please contact a member of academic staff relevant to your area.
- Imperial College Research Fellowships: Please contact us. Completed applications (which include the sponsor section completed and signed but not the Head of Department section) need to be submitted for review and the Head of Department signature to Louise Hayward firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st August 2018. Once approved by the Department applicants need to submit their applications through the College recruitment system by 28th August 2018 and arrange for a confidential reference to be submitted to email@example.com by the same date. View the job advert.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships: Please contact us. There is no nomination process for this scheme, but the Department has to confirm its applicants by 21st August 2018 and ECAS forms must be completed with the Fellow information by 28th August 2018.
- Royal Astronomical Society Fellowships: Please contact us. To be considered Groups must submit supported nominations to the Department review by 10th September 2018. Nominations consist of CV, publications list, brief research summary.
- UKRI future leaders round 2: There is an initial College process where all potential applicants have to submit a Request for Support form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th August 2018. This is a College wide process and only applicants who have done this will be considered for support. Find out more and view the application form.
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships
- Royal Commission for the Exhibtion of 1851 Research Fellowships
- Winton Exoplanet Fellowship
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships
- STFC Ernest Rutherford Fellowships
- Imperial Research Fellowships
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowships
- Royal Society Newton Fellowships